Monday, January 25, 2010

Pauly Shore Lied to Me.

As we know, serving on a Jury is a duty we'll all most likely share at one time or another, just one of the many civic responsibilities of living in a democracy.

Today I did my part as a citizen of these United States by sitting in a room for 4 hours, listening to my mp3 player and reading the September 2008 issue of InStyle. It was not as glamorous as it sounds, or as exciting as it was in that movie Jury Duty.

Riddle me this: Why would the Las Vegas 8th District court call 250 people into Jury services, have 200 of them fill out questionnaires, then send them home (not me) and have the other 50 sit in a small room watching America's Funniest home videos for 3 hours (yes me), then excuse them dramatically, ten numbers at a time? Call me crazy but I don't get it.

And, I'm pretty sure NONE of the people called in today were actually placed on a jury. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. It's a bizarre and wasteful process in my opinion, but hey, it's a better justice system than many other countries, so I'm not gonna complain too much. Way to go for serving your country today!

    ReplyDelete